Protect your home and prolong the life of your roof with quality roof cleaning
Roof Cleaning Benefits
- Removes damaging mold and moss growth
- Restores appearance and removes stains and discoloring
- Can lengthen the lifespan of your roof
- Will help improve curb appeal and property value
Asphalt roofs across much of the United States are being infested by a dark green algae (commonly considered black mold). The technical term for the algae is Gloeocapsa Magma. Gloeocapsa Magma Algae is spread by wind and animals, and grows from a dot to a spot to a streak. As a Gloeocapsa Magma Algae colony grows, older algae decompose, and will hold moisture, which enables the entire colony to grow even more rapidly.
Many times a homeowner will just notice a spot, and in no time, half the asphalt roof shingles are covered. Increased moisture levels lead to the growth of lichen, mold and even moss. When lichen are present a phycobiont relationship exists between the Gloeocapsa magma (provides the photosynthesis algal component) and the lichen (the fungal portion of the colony). Luckily, the Gloeocapsa Magma Algae can be removed by thorough roof cleaning using quality roof algae cleaners.
Why Choose Jersey Shore Powerwash…
- Best Quality, Professional Service
- Lowest Prices
- A Trusted Name Since 2006
- Locally Owned Family Business
- Guaranteed Service